What You Can Expect...
You are the expert on your own life. With that, working with a therapist can be an integral part of your journey. My heart work is to join you on your unique path—not as "the expert in the room," but as a thought partner to help you sort through issues and situations which may be painful and causing you to feel stuck. Here's some of what you can expect in your sessions with me:
- A safe, non-judgmental space where all of your thoughts and feelings can be expressed and explored.
- If you are part of the LGBTQIA+ community, you will find a safe and affirming space to explore all facets and intersections of your identity.
- Help and support as you tend to old wounds and examine patterns that are no longer serving you.
- Help and support as you identify where you feel stuck in your life and tools to help you move forward.
- Opportunities to name your doubts, fears, and questions and compassionate support you as you address them.
- Your wins will be celebrated and I'll remind you to pause and celebrate yourself and how far you've come.
- Hard questions will be asked with kindness, compassion, and patience, to help you gain clarity and increased self-awareness.
- Warmth and genuineness from me; I might share a tidbit from my own journey now and then to help you know you're not alone.
- We might laugh a little to lighten the load.
I use a variety of therapeutic modalities; these include person-centered talk therapy, breath work, mindfulness, somatic experiencing, bibliotherapy, Internal Family Systems (“parts work”) and other creative approaches to tailor your sessions and treatment to your unique needs.